I had a deep inner opening while teaching yoga last night. It was an accident – I’m never expecting the expansions when they arrive – and I actively try to avoid them while teaching. Classes are not my time, they’re my students’ time.
But, when inner life comes, it comes. It doesn’t care what time it is. And at its furthest point, there is no difference I suppose between my time and my students’ time. Though as one of my favorite authors says, “Be careful with that shit.” Playing too much with those important and meaningful boundaries can sink a teacher in the long run.
All I can pray is that my expansion (whenever it comes) will serve my students, will help me continue to find ways to help them progress in their own practices.
- Isabel Spradlin is a Registered Nurse (RN), Licensed Massage Therapist (LMT), and abdominal adhesion specialist in Portland, OR. She specializes in educating people about manual treatment (massage) for abdominal pain and dysfunction, especially when it is adhesion related. Please see the "Programs" page to see her offerings.
- Abdominal Pain2022.10.08Managing Pain
- Abdominal Adhesions2022.05.19Castor Oil & Adhesions
- Uncategorized2022.05.09I’m Back on the Blog!
- Abdominal Adhesions2019.09.04I was interviewed on a new podcast