At long last! I have finished with the new beautifulness and content on the abdominal website. I will of course be adding new articles regularly and it’s so nice to have such a lovely home for them.
For so long I have been the type of person that gets an idea for a project (see above website) and thinks, “Yes that’s totally do-able this week, month, year, whatever!” But of course it never turns out to be that easy or sun-laced. And finally, finally! I am getting the hang of thinking a little before I leap. Which is turning out to be very nice in the end because instead of being blindsided by the inevitable difficulties and problems that every project brings, I get to joyfully (well, sort of joyfully) expect them – they are friends before they ever arrive.
So, while I still cuss at the problems a bit on first arrival, that’s just my way of making them feel at home. Once these difficulties and I settle in together, we have a grand old time. It’s such a refreshing change from how I used to do things. The giddy excitement of a fresh new big idea, it turns out, is not nearly as wonderful as reasonable expectation. I’m realizing now that it’s the reasonable expectations that get the project done – and keep me from losing my mind.
I think I must be getting old(er).
- Isabel Spradlin is a Registered Nurse (RN), Licensed Massage Therapist (LMT), and abdominal adhesion specialist in Portland, OR. She specializes in educating people about manual treatment (massage) for abdominal pain and dysfunction, especially when it is adhesion related. Please see the "Programs" page to see her offerings.
- Abdominal Pain2022.10.08Managing Pain
- Abdominal Adhesions2022.05.19Castor Oil & Adhesions
- Uncategorized2022.05.09I’m Back on the Blog!
- Abdominal Adhesions2019.09.04I was interviewed on a new podcast