So much to share . . . because I’ve been away forever!
I hope this finds you all safe and as disaster-free as possible. I’m sending restorative vibes to all of you in storm, fire, and earthquake affected places. I’ve been donating to various organizations, and The Red Cross can always use some help with blood donations and/or a few bucks if you have them.
So, where have I been? Last December I was asked to make some episodes of a TV show for the Florida State Massage Therapy Association to help other MTs learn how to build a private practice. It was a great experience to download so much information but, woah, was it time and energy consuming!
But, I’m back now and ready to keep bringing you as much abdominal info as possible.
To get this party (re)started, I wanted to share this video that one of the folks in the Recover program sent me last week. The teacher in the video is so super clear on her layers of the belly and wonderfully methodical in how she teaches this technique. I love it!
I had heard of these balls before but had never seen one in use. I think it could be very helpful for some of you – though once you move into the deeper layers more specificity (from your hands) will almost certainly be needed.
Also, I want to encourage you to START SLOW and try to support your upper body with blankets/bolsters, etc. as it seems to me that this could get uncomfortable for shoulders and neck if you end up hanging out there for a while, or if you have shoulder/neck issues.
As always, let me know what you think! I have a backlog of things to share with you but I’m always taking requests.
All my best,
- Isabel Spradlin is an LMT and abdominal adhesion specialist in Portland, OR. She specializes in educating people about manual treatment (massage) for abdominal pain and dysfunction, especially when it is adhesion related. Please see the "Programs" page to see her offerings.
- Abdominal Adhesions2019.02.02Wow! Science is finally catching up!
- Core Muscles2019.01.30Learn about integrative pelvic care with Jen Owen, NP
- Abdominal Adhesions2018.09.28Interview with Laera Morrow about the nervous system
- Core Muscles2018.08.06Supporting your belly and pelvis during and after pregnancy