Some Solutions to Constipation
I owe a huge debt of gratitude to the awesome folks on my Newsletter who directly contributed a bunch of ideas to the resource you are receiving in this post. You all gave such thorough responses to my questions about your experiences and successes with constipation. And, I am equally grateful to my clients and those working with the online programs here who have allowed me to work with them and find out the techniques that help the most.
Because I received so much feedback (and had so much of my own to offer), instead of listing each tool/technique here, we put each of the action items into this spreadsheet.
We’ve given you 30 days across the top so that you can track which things you decide to try and see if they are actually making a difference for you.
As you look at the spreadsheet, remember that this is crowd-sourced information and is not to be construed as medical advice – rather, they are interesting things to consider and possibly try if they make sense to you in your health situation.
That said, since we sent out this log, I’ve received numerous responses from people who have tried items on it and found some success!
How to use it . . .
In order to use the log most successfully, I recommend is that if you decide to try any of these things for yourself, add in only one new thing every 3-4 days. That way, you can actually start to get a sense of what is helping and what is not. Of course, sometimes it will be a combination of things that helps – and that will also be most clear with the one-by-one approach.
See Part 3: Why Constipation Happens.
- Isabel Spradlin is a Registered Nurse (RN), Licensed Massage Therapist (LMT), and abdominal adhesion specialist in Portland, OR. She specializes in educating people about manual treatment (massage) for abdominal pain and dysfunction, especially when it is adhesion related. Please see the "Programs" page to see her offerings.
- Abdominal Pain2022.10.08Managing Pain
- Abdominal Adhesions2022.05.19Castor Oil & Adhesions
- Uncategorized2022.05.09I’m Back on the Blog!
- Abdominal Adhesions2019.09.04I was interviewed on a new podcast