As a teacher still in her apprentice years, I am always so amused by the new and wonderful ways I find to confuse my students.
The other day I was teaching a brand new beginner and I said “Breathe into your hips,” as part of the instruction for a pose. I always try to phrase this idea of letting the breath flow down through the abdomen and into the seat a few different ways but finally he stepped out of the pose, looked at me and said, “Do you want me to imagine that my breath is going into my hips, or do you actually want me to try to blow air onto my hips?”
- Isabel Spradlin is a Registered Nurse (RN), Licensed Massage Therapist (LMT), and abdominal adhesion specialist in Portland, OR. She specializes in educating people about manual treatment (massage) for abdominal pain and dysfunction, especially when it is adhesion related. Please see the "Programs" page to see her offerings.
- Abdominal Pain2022.10.08Managing Pain
- Abdominal Adhesions2022.05.19Castor Oil & Adhesions
- Uncategorized2022.05.09I’m Back on the Blog!
- Abdominal Adhesions2019.09.04I was interviewed on a new podcast