This live workshop focuses on the initial assessment, decision-making processes, and hands-on work with clients to get started safely and effectively. This is the first in a series of four workshops for licensed practitioners. Each workshop is small and focused (6 participants only) and will teach massage/manual therapy techniques to successfully address abdominal scar tissue and adhesions for clients. These workshops are best completed in order, as a series, but I also make them robust enough to stand alone.
Before the Workshop
- There is one required “quiz” which must be completed before the live workshop starts (this will take about 10 minutes).
- There is other, optional pre-work you may choose to do to enhance your experience during the live workshop (this portion is best completed ~1 week before the workshop starts).
- There is an optional, very short (15 min.) meet-and-greet via zoom the evening before the workshop so you’re not going in cold if you don’t want to.
During the Workshop
Each workshop is 6 hours and will include 3 hours of instruction and 3 hours of instructor-led hands-on time. Each workshop is capped at a total of 6 practitioners.
The first half of the workshop includes:
- an anatomy review, focused on what you will be assessing in your initial encounter(s)
- how to understand safety issues when doing abdominal scar work
- common initial tissue and whole-person reactions to the work
- the most effective initial assessments to guide the start of the work, and
- initial hands-on techniques to start addressing the adhesions.
The second half of the workshop includes:
- a brief review of initial assessments and hands-on work
- live clients who have abdominal adhesions and surgical scar tissue will join us in the workshop space. For this portion of the workshop, practitioners will break into groups of two. Each set of practitioners will receive two separate clients about 1 hour apart who have some form of abdominal adhesion. The clients will be volunteers from my client base and waitlist. Participants are also welcome to bring their own clients – but this will require a brief chat with me. Ask me for details.
- debrief and closing
After the Workshop
Each workshop will be followed by a scheduled Zoom Q&A for practitioners within one month of the workshop. I will also set up a group communication method so you can continue to support each other, as desired.
Details, details …