Congratulations on completing the Getting Started Program!
You have started a really wonderful process for yourself and now it’s time to take your next step.
As you know from the Getting Started Program, hands-on work is a powerful solution to abdominal adhesion, pain and distress. Whether you are experiencing:
- abdominal adhesions
- bowel obstructions
- unexplained post-surgical pain or dysfunction
- or many other kinds of belly or pelvic floor dysfunction
This Recover Program was made to support you for the rest of your journey.
Every month, I hear from people who have used this Recover program to:
* significantly change their relationship to their belly
* to change their pain levels
* to be more comfortable in their life.
“I just want to say I’ve stayed out of the ER because of [the work from the self-care videos]. I used to go there for pain medication because the bowel obstructions got so bad. These videos are like a wonderful miracle. It has helped me out TREMENDOUSLY in terms of pain and so forth. So I’m extremely grateful for that . . . Pain was what got me motivated to do the exercises and it has been very well improved.” -ANON
You don’t have to feel:
- controlled by your pain
- or just plain confused about how to finally resolve your abdominal adhesions, pain, or dysfunction.
As you have already started to experience from your time with the Getting Started Program, there is something you can do to help yourself heal.
And not only will this program help you now, it is meant to be used over and over again for the rest of your life. As you work with the techniques and information, you will naturally open into new abilities. You will learn to:
- Feel for yourself what is going on in your belly, and
- Be able to learn when to use which techniques at different times in your healing process.
Don’t worry, no one starts out knowing exactly how to do this. That’s why I made this program to take you through the learning process step-by-step.
The tools and techniques you get in this program are highly detailed.
I created each step of this program with a huge amount of planning and care. I didn’t want to leave you guessing about anything, if I could help it. The instruction is methodical and precise and there are many options to choose from for your individual situation.
Additionally, enough people have worked successfully with the Recover Program and then asked for more that I added an entire section of Advanced Materials. So, no matter what aspect of your healing you are working with, the program is made to support you from beginning to end.
The Program works effectively in both:
- Acute situations
- And as a long-term maintenance plan.
I know you already know this from the Getting Started Program, but just in case you need a refresher . . .
There are many problems this program can help you solve:
- Bowel obstructions
- Abdominal Adhesions diagnosis
- Pain or discomfort in unexpected places, especially after surgery
- Pain to the touch, even at the skin level
- Pain in your low back, hip joints, and/or groin (Yes, this is very often directly related to what is happening in your belly.)
- Tugging or pulling sensations in your abdomen
- Changes in digestive or elimination processes (for example urinary or bowel incontinence, pain with urination or bowel movements, indigestion, constipation, loose stool, etc.)
- Uncomfortable digestion
- Acid Reflux (especially when not resolved by dietary changes or medication)
- A distended or pressure-filled belly
- Hard, immobile scars
- Red and/or very puckered scars
- Increase or change in menstrual cramps
- Inability to conceive
- Unexplained, benign swelling
- Restricted breathing
- Restricted abdominal range of motion
- Undiagnosable abdominal pain (pre- or post-surgical)
- On-again-off-again abdominal pain that doesn’t have an evident pattern
- A job or hobby that results in stress to the abdomen (e.x. heavy lifting, martial arts, extreme sports, etc.).
- A desire to establish a better, more informed relationship with the abdomen.
When should you NOT do this program? When you have:
- Excessive abdominal pain
- Open or seeping/oozing wounds in the abdomen.
- Active flares of inflammatory conditions such as IBS or Chron’s Disease. During latent periods manual work can be effective, but working while there are open intestinal lesions or active inflammation, etc. is a no-go.
- During pregnancy, unless ok’d by your doctor.
- Surgery within the previous twelve weeks unless released by your doctor to do this work sooner.
- If you have an abdominal aneurism
- Hernias – simply be very gentle with the area or avoid it altogether so as not to increase the separation
Remember, the pain you are experiencing doesn’t always come from where you think it’s coming from.
The abdomen/belly/pelvic floor is a whole, connected system. This program gives you the tools to seek out and work with each area that is contributing to your pain or dysfunction.
I hope you’ll join the many other people who have successfully used this program to help themselves out of pain in the long-term by gaining the skills needed to effectively deal with future flares and rough patches.
“You have been a lifeline for me. I have been using your self-care videos and am SOOOOO much better. I haven’t gotten to organs or deep muscles at all yet, but trust that I will know when I’m ready and able to move deeper. I cannot say clearly enough how grateful I am to have found you and your wealth of wisdom. You are a beacon of light on what can feel like a very dark and bleak horizon. Thank you for continuing to share so generously.” -MH
“Abdominal adhesion can be very debilitating.
The symptoms often appear in mysterious patterns and refer to other areas of the body. Isabel’s approach to abdominal adhesion balances precision and gentle care.” -CH, Occupational Therapist
This program can help you if:
♦ You have had abdominal surgery.
♦ You are searching for alternatives to certain kinds of abdominal surgery.
♦ You have undiagnosable abdominal pain (pre- or post-surgical).
♦ You have been diagnosed with abdominal adhesions.
♦ You are experiencing on-again-off-again abdominal pain that doesn’t have an evident pattern.
♦ You have a job or hobby that results in stress to your abdomen (e.x. heavy lifting, martial arts, extreme sports, etc.).
This program can benefit you if:
♦ You would like to establish a better, more informed relationship with your belly.
♦ You would like to release your own abdominal adhesions.
♦ You are already working with a practitioner and want to supplement and speed your recovery with safe, effective self-care at home.
♦ You are not working with a practitioner and you need relief from the discomfort of your abdominal adhesions.
How will I get access to the program?
This is an online program with monthly phone support group calls. There are no DVDs, CDs, or any other physical goods. Once you order, you instantly receive access to all of your program materials. The video and audio portions of the program are streamable on any device and are also downloadable.
What exactly does the program cover?
*All videos include Introduction, Instruction, and Movement segments.
1. The Layers of the Belly: Adhesion Demonstration; Setting Up for the Work; Exploring the Layers of Your Belly. 32min 54sec.
2. Superficial Fascia and Muscle: Learn how to work with the skin, fascia, and superficial muscle layers of your belly. Introduction of foundational techniques to use through all of the layers.31min 51sec.
3. Scars: Scar mobilization and softening techniques at the superficial, middle, and deep layers. 25min 08sec.
4. Organs: Working in the middle layers of your belly, specifically with the intestines, bladder and uterus. Techniques learned here are applicable to other organ adhesions as well. 32min 01sec.
5. Deep Muscles: Accessing and working on the psoas and iliacus muscles in the lower half of your belly. 22min 49sec.
6. Legs: Understanding the relationship of your legs to your belly and working on two of the most impactful muscle groups – the quadriceps and the adductors. 28min 35sec.
7. Movement!: A yoga-based routine incorporating the movement pieces from each video into one comprehensive workout for your belly. 25min 07sec.
8. Chronic Pain (Audio): Perspectives on how to manage chronic abdominal pain in your life. 23min 40sec.
9. Surgery (Audio): How to prepare and/or recover from your surgery in a way that supports a feeling of calm preparedness that will keep your stress at a reasonable level. 15min 06sec.
10. Food & Nutrition (Audio): Things to consider in finding the foods and the nutrition plans and strategies that will help you heal. 7min 07sec.
11. Self-Image (Audio): Don’t let issues of self-image prevent you from bringing your belly into full health. 3min 09sec.
I won’t leave you hanging. You get lots of support.
Once you have invested in the program:
- You will have access to the two-times-per-month Support Q&A Calls where I answer whatever questions you have. You get in-person answers to your questions or get guidance and clarification about any of the techniques.
- When enough people ask for the same thing, I stick it into a video and add it to the program. That way you have access to new materials, ideas, and techniques that help.
- And, of course, you will always receive any new program updates without spending a penny more, even if the price of the program goes up!
You know from the Getting Started program how just a little bit of work can go such a long way. Now, with the Recover Program, you will have every tool and resource you need to make the big changes you are really looking for.
In the program, I include:
- 2 different logs for keeping track of your symptoms and your progress.
- Recordings of all Q&A support calls, so even if you can’t be there live, you still get the information.
Here are a few ways the people who have come before you use the program:
A loved one (or sometimes even their current practitioner!) goes through the program with them and learns the techniques to help them in those times when it’s just too much to do self-care.
They incorporate small parts of the program into their daily routines, and use different pieces of the program during different stages of their healing.
They take themselves through the program start-to-finish once a year as preventative care once they are feeling better.
The possibilities are really endless for how you can make this program work for you.
Frequently Asked Questions
I got a lot out of the Getting Started Program, but I’m worried I don’t have enough energy/time to do all of this work myself. How can I really expect to be effective and create change for myself?
If you can stay on your same schedule that you are using now, you’ll likely be golden. As little as 10 minutes every other day can make a huge difference. Of course, this depends highly on your personal situation.
And, that variability is exactly why you get the live Support Q&A Calls as a part of this program. Bring your questions to the calls and get live answers from me! We’ll trouble-shoot whatever you need.
You also get access to all of our past recorded calls so you can look for your answers, and feel support from the group there as well.
How do I get access to the monthly Support Q&A Calls?
Once you have completed your purchase, you will receive the dates and times of the monthly calls, as well as the dial-in information for those calls. I send all details with the reminders 24-hours in advance. Right now the calls take place twice per month, once in the morning, once in the evening. Once you purchase, you also get access to all of the recorded Support calls for the year so you can learn from questions other people have already asked!
“The [videos] are exactly what I need and are really
going to help. Just the introductions identify problems that I’ve
almost given up getting any help with, and I know this programme is going to transform my situation.” -LM
“So, now your videos helped me to understand the process of adhesions and to become more gentle and kind with my belly which obviously is part of me and to try to work with “her” and not against “her,” as things are what they are because there is a reason for it. . .” -PS
“I love your video series, I use them all the time to help me deal with my pain issues and my abdominal adhesions.” -LF
This investment will serve you for the rest of your life.
$129 one-time payment
$35/month for 4 months
All prices in US dollars.
All Program files are digital, online files. Nothing is mailed. Once you have signed up, you will immediately be able to stream and download the videos from your computer or device.