I have been working with a lot of moms during this past year . . . helping them with painful or numb c-section scars, digestive changes, changes in their pelvic floor, and more.
As a part of this work, I’ve had a chance to get to know Dr. Rachel Sterry of fitmamapdx.com and I was so happy to be able to record this interview with her. She is very knowledgeable and approachable about helping moms during their birth year and beyond. AND, a ton of what she talks about also applies to those who have never been pregnant but who are wrestling with abdominal recovery!
The interview was a short one but I hope it opens up some ideas for you to pursue if you’re in your post-partum recovery stage!
p.s. I know many of you would prefer to read a transcript of the interview but I wanted to get this up asap – transcript hopefully to come soon!
- Isabel Spradlin is an LMT and abdominal adhesion specialist in Portland, OR. She specializes in educating people about manual treatment (massage) for abdominal pain and dysfunction, especially when it is adhesion related. Please see the "Programs" page to see her offerings.
- Abdominal Adhesions2019.02.02Wow! Science is finally catching up!
- Core Muscles2019.01.30Learn about integrative pelvic care with Jen Owen, NP
- Abdominal Adhesions2018.09.28Interview with Laera Morrow about the nervous system
- Core Muscles2018.08.06Supporting your belly and pelvis during and after pregnancy