I am frustrated. I have tried to get approved as a practitioner on the big abdominal adhesion forums (if you have adhesions, you know which ones I’m talking about), but to no avail. No one will even return my emails. Phooey.
Good thing the web is open to all! At least where I live. So, I hope you all find me here – and let’s get to talking about it! I intend to post a lot about adhesions from the practitioner standpoint, so feel free to ask questions and share stories in the comments. I’m listening!
Believe it or not, whatever you story is, I’ve probably heard it and . . . I BELIEVE YOU. I know that for many of you your daily lives have been severely if not entirely compromised by the pain and disfunction that the adhesions have brought. I know that you feel that your doctors aren’t listening to you, or that if they are listening, they don’t know what to do to help you. I know you feel hopeless. I know you want to connect with others to find out if you’re crazy, or imagining this, or because you are literally at the end of your rope and don’t know what else to do.
First of all, DO NOT GIVE UP! Except in the most severe situations, I have found that there is help for adhesions. The only reason I can’t say anything about the most severe situations is that I don’t feel I have treated anyone in the “most severe” situation. But I have seen a lot in my practice (multiple surgeries, years of pain, etc.) and the right kind of manual therapy has yet to fail me or my clients.
We’ll talk about this a lot more as we go. This post is primarily just to encourage you to keep your mind open and keep hope in your heart. You CAN do it! I know, because my clients already have.
For lots more instant information, visit my adhesion website: https://abdominaladhesiontreatment.com/
- Isabel Spradlin is a Registered Nurse (RN), Licensed Massage Therapist (LMT), and abdominal adhesion specialist in Portland, OR. She specializes in educating people about manual treatment (massage) for abdominal pain and dysfunction, especially when it is adhesion related. Please see the "Programs" page to see her offerings.
- Abdominal Pain2022.10.08Managing Pain
- Abdominal Adhesions2022.05.19Castor Oil & Adhesions
- Uncategorized2022.05.09I’m Back on the Blog!
- Abdominal Adhesions2019.09.04I was interviewed on a new podcast