Five things you may not know:
1. Holding a stretch is one of the least effective ways of lengthening a muscle.
2. It is possible to be just as sore after stretching as after exercising!
3. Yoga and stretching are not equivalent.
4. Increased flexibility allows increased strength.
5. Stretching your feet and improving your balance can improve your eyesight.
Very exciting, no?
Join my stretching classes! See all of the pertinent information here: Stretching Classes
- Isabel Spradlin is a Registered Nurse (RN), Licensed Massage Therapist (LMT), and abdominal adhesion specialist in Portland, OR. She specializes in educating people about manual treatment (massage) for abdominal pain and dysfunction, especially when it is adhesion related. Please see the "Programs" page to see her offerings.
- Abdominal Pain2022.10.08Managing Pain
- Abdominal Adhesions2022.05.19Castor Oil & Adhesions
- Uncategorized2022.05.09I’m Back on the Blog!
- Abdominal Adhesions2019.09.04I was interviewed on a new podcast